Happy 4th of July!


What an amazing 4th of July! Grant's 2nd Independance Day started with the Oak Creek parade at 9:00 am. We met up with approximately 30 of our friends and their children in our "usual spot". (And by "usual spot"...I mean the spot that we sat last year!) : ) Grant absolutely LOVED the parade. He sat in Matt's lap almost the entire time (which is amazing...I don't think he has ever sat in one spot for longer than 5 minutes prior to this day). Grant clapped, waved and smiled at every float and vehicle driving by. He especially loved the truck that Grandpa P. and Grandma Wendy were in! After the parade, it was Grant's nap time so we had a few friends over for some awesome turkey burgers (my fav!) while Grant slept. When he woke up we then took him to my cousin Jimmy's graduation/leaving for the Marines party. We had four car loads full each following each other all the way from my house to my aunt and uncle's house in Brookfield. It was a great party, and Grant even enjoyed going in the jumping house that they rented. : ) After the party, Grant crashed on the way home and then went straight to bed while I went with the girls to the Oak Creek fireworks. Even though we missed about 5 other parties because it's a little harder to make so many different stops now with a little one...I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day to spend with my family and friends. Happy Birthday, America!

No comments: