Fiesta!


Is this post for real?! Is my baby seriously one year old already? I know that I have said it before, but I am going to say it again…I absolutely can not believe how fast the time has gone! I guess the saying is correct…time really does fly when you’re having fun. And boy did we have fun celebrating my baby’s big birthday (or should I say birth month?!). It all started on April 5th when he had his very first fiesta. Since our basement was not finished on time to hold all of the Woyak family, my dad and Wendy let us host the party at their house. It was such a wonderful time, and all of the Woyaks were there. Grant was a little cranky at first, but the next morning I found that a tooth had popped thru…so in retrospect, he was a real trooper! His next birthday party was on April 19th and that party was held in our newly finished basement. This party’s attendees included the Gestl and the Hahn Families, and Grant was loving every minute of this party!

Then, his actual birthday came! Since April 22nd fell on a Wednesday this year, Matt and I both took vacation to spend the day with Grant. After his morning nap we (along with Aunt Kristin) took Grant to Monkey Joe’s in Waukesha to play on all of the inflatable slides. He didn’t like the big slides that we went down with him on too much, but I think he really enjoyed the toddler area with daddy (not to mention Kristin and I loved playing Deal or No Deal!). He was so tuckered out that we took him home for a much needed nap. Once he woke up we took him to Grant Park (or as we like to call “His Park”). It started to get a little chilly outside so we headed back to our house for dinner and cake with a few of Grant’s closest loved ones. Aunt Mandy and Uncle Josh brought him three balloons which ended up being one of his favorite gifts! I never knew how much he liked balloons until then! After all of the festivities, Grant crashed and slept for 13 hours straight that night!

The next Friday, Grant hosted a playdate with a few of mommy’s best friends along with their little ones, and then Grant had his very last first fiesta on Sunday, April 26th with even more of his closest friends. Whew! I think that is all! Overall in the month of April, Grant hosted get togethers for over 100 of his friends and family members and we wouldn’t have had it any other way. Next year, however, we are having one party and that’s it! Haha…

No comments: