Two weeks old


Grant is two weeks old, and we still have no idea where the time has gone! New this week is that Matt went back to work and it's just me and Grant during the day now. On Matt's first day back at work, Grant was awake from 7:00 am until 9:00 pm! I have no idea how he stayed awake for that long, but I'm pretty sure he did it because he was looking for his daddy. : ) We have also now taken Grant on his first walk! Matt and I have taken him and Oscar on a few walks this week when the weather was nice outside, and Grant absolutely loved the bumps of the sidewalk. They put him to sleep immediately. Also new this week was that Grandma and Grandpa Gestl babysat him for the first time. Matt and I went to a wedding, and it was my first time away from Grant since he was conceived! I cried a little as we drove away, thought about him all night long and only stayed at the wedding for a few hours...but it was really nice to have a night away with Matt and our friends. I just don't think we want to go away again anytime real soon! : )

No comments: